Gayatri Devi is a Hindu Deity or Devi who is known for removing all ignorance.
The word “Gayatri” is a combination of two syllables –
• “Ga” ( to sing )
• “Yatri” ( protection )
Thus Gayatri Devi protects all Her devotees who sing Her praise or worship Her.
She lets Her devotees to see the spiritual sunlight of truth, knowledge and wisdom.
Devi Gayatri is the Shakti of Lord Brahma. She is a part of Goddess Saraswati and hence the form of Adi Shakti. Being the consort of Deity Brahma, She is also a defender of the whole universe.
She is the source of Lord Brahma’s power and incorporates the Rajsi Guna. Without Her, Deity Brahma would be unable to create this universe.
Gayatri Mata is the supreme power who provides the movement, strength and encouragement to all living and non-living things in this world.
Goddess Gayatri is the Mother of sacred Vedas which are an immense source of wisdom and knowledge. Therefore, Gayatri Mata is termed as “Vedas Mata”.
Deity Gayatri can be portrayed as having five faces in distinct colors. She can be seen holding different things in Her ten arms. She looks gorgeous with Her ten attractive eyes. She sits on a red lotus that is the symbol of prosperity.
Each of Her five faces has a precise meaning –
1) Pearl color represents radiance and brightness.
2) Coral or light red color creates the attitude of Nishchal Tatwa in the devotees mind.
3) Gold color developes superior quality and outer charm in the aspirant.
4) Blue color represents the Sky, the Sea and Lord Vishnu. This color fosters the devotees with all prosperity and also with heavenly grace from Lord Vishnu.
5) White face symbolizes purity. It develops purity in the mind of the devotees and also provides delightful grace from Devi Saraswati, the deity of knowledge and learning.
Goddess Gayatri is known as “Sarva Devta Swarupini” as –
• Her three eyes, the head and the semi-circular moon on Her crown depicts Lord Shiva, the Destroyer.
• The conch, Chakra, Gada and Her Abhay Mudra is the symbol of Lord Vishnu, the Protector.
• The lotus seat is symbol of Lord Brahma, the Creator.
Gayatri Devi is the originator of the ancient sound “Om”.
Gayatri Puja is made by chanting Gayatri Mantra, or by remembering the Gayatri Yantra, or by implementing the Gayatri Anushthan.
Gayatri Mantra is one of the oldest and the most influential mantras that has a great importance among Hindus. It is believed that by chanting the Gayatri Mantra a powerful force is created that removes fear and rescues the chanter from all unfavorable situations that may lead to death.
The holy Gayatri Mantra is as follows-
“Om Bhoor Bhuwah Swaha, Tat Savitur Varenyam, Bhargo Devasay Dheemahi, Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayat” which means “O heavenly mother, our hearts are filled with darkness. Please make this darkness far-away from us and endorse enlightenment within us.”
All the avatars of trinities Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh fascinate Gayatri Mantra. Lord Ram, who took birth inTreta Yug, achieved the Diksha of Gayatri Mantra from Rishi Vishwamitra. Lord Krishna, who came in this world in Dwapar Yug, took the Diksha of Gayatri Mantra from His Guru Rishi Sandeepan. In Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna told Arjun that Gayatri Mantra is of extreme importance among all the mantras and He Himself enchants this mantra.
Tags: Download free Gayatri Devi wallpaper, photos, pictures and images for desktop background.